Card Trick Quilt Pattern Blocks
Learn how to cut and piece basic quilt blocks
Quilt Block 4 -
How to Make Quilt Blocks Called
Card Trick Quilt Blocks
This fabulous Card Trick quilt block is like a jigsaw puzzle.
You must cut all the triangles and sew them together into squares as shown above.
Look carefully at the picture to see that there are 9 squares in total in this quilt block, three squares each in the top row, three in the middle row and three in the bottom row.
Quilting Card Trick Design Block
From background fabric, cut:
- One 5 1/4" strip. From that, cut one 5 1/4" square.
- Cut the 5 1/4" square twice diagonally, making four quarter square triangles.
From the same strip, cut two 4 7/8" squares.
Cut these in half diagonally, making four half square triangles.
Why read 100 different quilting guides when you can have everything you need in a single volume?
Invest In Yourself,
Perfect your art & craft of Quilting
For Only $9.95 USD
- Payment takes place securely at PayPal. You do NOT need a PayPal account - follow the link to pay by credit card.
- The amount will be converted to your local currency at the end of the checkout process, before you make any payments.
- After successful payment, you will have immediate access to the 101 Quilting Challenges - Busted!.
- Fully Guaranteed: If you are less than delighted with 101 Quilting Challenges - Busted!, let me know within 50 days and I will refund your money in full. No questions, no quibbles, no fusses.
From four different fabrics, cut:
- One 5 1/4" strip. From that, cut one 5 1/4" square. Cut into quarter square triangles.
- You will have two triangles of each color left over.
- From the same strip, cut one 4 7/8" square.
- Cut into half square triangles.
Sew one quarter square triangle of each color to one quarter square triangle of background fabric.
Press seam toward the darker fabric. Sew one half square triangle of each color to one half square triangle of background fabric.
Lay all your pieces for the Card Trick block beside you so that the shapes form the pattern shown above.
Notice that four different quarter square triangles form the center square.
After laying the block out beside you, sew the correct triangles together, then sew the resulting squares together to form the block.
Recommended Sewing Machine:
- Brother CS6000i Feature-Rich Sewing Machine
- SINGER 4411 Heavy Duty Sewing Machine
- Laura Ashley Limited Edition CX155LA Computerized Sewing & Quilting Machine
The block is put together in rows.
- Sew the top three squares together first, pressing the seams toward the center of the block.
- Then sew the second row of squares together and press the seams toward the outside of the block.
- Sew the third row of squares together and press seams toward the center.
- Now sew the top row to the second row, matching seams.
- Sew the third row to the second row, again matching seams.
Your are done with the Card Trick Quilt Block pattern.
Finished with "Card Trick Quilt Block?" Return to "Learn to Quilt"
Or go to "Ohio Star Quilt Block"
Or return "Home"
Please, leave us your thoughts, stories and comments by clicking here