Thrifty Quilt Block
Learn how to cut and piece basic quilt blocks
The Thrifty Quilt Block
From light background fabric, cut:
From medium fabric, cut:
From dark fabric, cut:
- one 4 ½” square and eight 2 ½” squares
To make the four-patch units,
- sew medium and light background 2 ½” squares together in pairs.
- Sew two pairs together as shown below:
How to make four -patched units for Thrifty Quilt Block Patterns
- Arrange as shown at the top of the page, and
- sew the top row together.
- Press seams toward the center of the row.
- Sew the second row together, pressing seams toward the outside.
- Sew third row, pressing toward the center.
When sewing the three rows together, the seams should butt up against each other, making a flat join.
Free Block Patterns
Finished with "Thrifty Quilt Block"? Return to Block Patterns"
Please, leave us your thoughts, stories and comments by clicking here